Home Security Tech Alone Won’t Keep Your Home Safe During Spring Break
It’s the first major vacation season of the year, and AEGIS Security & Investigations wants to ensure you set up your home with safety in mind. As a leading home security company in Los Angeles, we know what works best for theft prevention from DIYs to camera and system installment to physical officers on the premises.
How you decide to secure your home before leaving on vacation is dependent on how much time and money you are willing to invest. Here are some helpful ideas and tips (in order of least expensive to most expensive) on how to secure your home:
- Make sure your doors and windows are locked before you leave.
- Ask a neighbor to pick up the newspaper if you get it delivered and have the post office hold your mail.
- Never post online that you will be out of town!
- Alarm your house if you have one. (Keep reading for our favorite alarm and camera systems!)
- Form a neighborhood watch group with you local police department so everyone becomes extra aware. Ask them to watch your property while you’re gone and do the same for them!
- Make sure your gardener doesn’t stop coming by while you’re away. A clean yard means someone is taking care of it.
- Use small pieces of wood or door stops to wedge your doors and windows shut
- Have the porch light turn on using a light sensor or timer.
- Install solar powered lights in the front of your property. They will turn on in the evenings.
- Leave a stereo on – light noise may deter criminals as they get close.
- Lights on timers set to turn on in the evenings make potential intruders think someone is home.
- Get a “Home Automation” system installed so you can turn the lights on and off remotely.
- Install a remotely monitored surveillance camera system so you can watch your property if you really feel the urge to.
- Hire a qualified security firm like AEGIS Security & Investigations, Inc. to securely watch over you home.
By implementing these techniques together, you can help try to ensure that would be burglars move on to the next house rather than ransacking yours.
If you don’t know where to start with alarm systems, automated lighting, and remote access to your home, AEGIS recommends these home security devices.
- Ring Floodlight Camera Motion-Activated HD Security Cam Two-Way Talk and Siren Alarm: Perfect to put over a garage, on the side of home, on a balcony or at a gate, the floodlight camera is motion activated and allows you to tell people they are on private property (and to get off of it!). The live video and audio streaming allows you to be alerted to potential criminals as well as notify the authorities if need be. If you thought having a motion sensor floodlight worked well before, you’ll be amazed by the enhanced security this product brings!
- Ring Video Doorbell 2: You’ve seen it on the news and maybe even done a bit of research into similar doorbells. What you may not know is that our own security experts at AEGIS rely on this system for their own protection. It’s that good! See who’s at the door, talk to people through the system, and be connected from anywhere in the world to your house.
- Ring Stick Up Cam, Outdoor security camera with 2-way audio: Already have a doorbell or a preferred ring? You can use a Ring Cam to do all the things the doorbell system does without a new installation. This product gives you all the perks with less hassle, keeping you and your home safe.
AEGIS is an expert company in ensuring home security having worked with apartment complexes, private residences and estates. Home security devices make a great gift for anyone on your list because they are easy to install and use immediately. Our favorite product line is Ring — check out how their products work to keep your home safe.
Stay safe and enjoy your Spring Break!
AEGIS Security & Investigations is a Los Angeles region company that is licensed and insured in the State of California to provide high-end armed and unarmed regular and temporary off-duty police officers, bodyguards, security officers, loss prevention agents, and event staff. Additionally, we offer services for private investigation, consultation, people tracing, and background investigation. Our trainings and workshops in the field of security licensure and counter-terrorism have been featured in news media and are renowned for their efficacy. For more information or to contact us, visit www.aegis.com.