Award Show Security – Things You See & Things You Don’t
Were you trying to get through DTLA Monday night? So was everyone who was trying to get to the Emmy’s! Or just home from work… But did you ever consider the security risks such a big star-studded event poses?
Hollywood celebrated its 70th Primetime Emmy Awards on Monday, causing traffic jams throughout Los Angeles and heightened security measures around the Microsoft Theater.
According to reports that interviewed Los Angeles Police Department honchos, no credible or verified threats were issued against the event, but the officers on duty were prepared for anything.
Security measures included drones, a large number of police officers and private security officers, and celebrity bodyguards. Emergency plans have been nearly perfected for these events in LA, but it’s always good to recap the security needs as we move into the 2018, 2019 Awards Season.
Special event security is need-specific and different every time, calling for uniquely abled responses from security officers. Recent events often dictate the level of security believed to be necessary to deter and react to threatening situations. For each occasion that personnel are dispatched, they may be at a different location, with different clients, interacting with diverse people and in entirely unique environments. There are security efforts (staffing and temporary systems) you’ll obviously notice, and tons of planning, logistics, subtle upgrades, staff, and equipment you won’t.
AEGIS’ temporary event security solutions are flexible enough to adapt to changes in season, type of event and clientele. Reliability, professionalism and ability to adapt and react in a dynamic setting are a necessity. Our staff functions as our clients’ front line customer service personnel in addition to security, maintaining positive relationships and creating new ones. AEGIS Private Security & Investigations creates and executes solutions for our clients to accomplish their event-specific safety and security objectives.
Our services include:
- Armed and unarmed security, off duty police officers
- Autonomous security robots by Knightscope
- Security assessment upon arrival or in advance
- Standardized event security procedures
- Site supervisors, posted and patrolling -security agents
- Access / perimeter control and line management
- List and VIP management
- ID check, pat down search and metal detecting
- Enforcement of law, rules, and regulations
- Scalable staff depending on event type, size and location
- Mobile radio communication and metal detecting equipment rentals
- Temporary patrol car placement
- Daily shift confirmation
- Mass notification to replace, add, or change personnel
- Direct line to management
- Choice of uniformed, all black attire, or suit and tie
Additionally, we offer executive protection services. EP agents have a unique set of skills that qualify them to work closely with a client, including former military or police service. Additionally, these agents generally have more years of experience in the field, including loss prevention and threat assessment that goes beyond a general site post. When worries arise just to get to and from an event or between parties, hiring a bodyguard can be the best route.
Our services include:
- Advanced evaluation, vulnerability, and threat assessments
- Private investigations including bug sweeps, business intelligence, and harassment mitigation
- Armed/Unarmed security experts and off duty/retired police officers available
- Mobile, stationary, and close protection escort security teams
- Route establishment and contingency planning
- Fully retained security consulting services
- Visible deterrence against threats
- Ingress and egress facilitation
AEGIS Security & Investigations is a Los Angeles region company that is licensed and insured in the State of California to provide high-end armed and unarmed regular and temporary off-duty police officers, bodyguards, security officers, loss prevention agents, and event staff. Additionally, we offer services for private investigation, consultation, people tracing, and background investigation. Our trainings and workshops in the field of security licensure and counter-terrorism have been featured in news media and are renowned for their efficacy. For more information or to contact us, visit www.aegis.com.
By Chelsea Turner & Jeff Zisner