Security for the 2017 Awards Season: Glitz, Glam & Guards
Awards season is upon Los Angeles, having been kicked off with the Golden Globes on Jan. 8. And while the glitz and glam are the focus for the cameras and spotlights, the myriad of events come with the need for tightened security. With the latest round of terrorist attacks around the globe and the threat of individual celebs last year, the reality of a potential attack on such a ceremony — which houses not only the Hollywood elite but various political figures and everyday civilians — has hit home harder than it had in recent years.
For the Golden Globes, security was heightened beyond its original layout. Multiple law enforcement services and private security contractors oversaw the event from set-up to take-down to after parties in the Beverly Hills region. Hotels, estates and individuals requested security details, leading the night to be a success. Interestingly, security for this event was not as stringent as has been seen at previous award shows, like that of the Emmy Awards in September.
Special event security is need-specific and different every time, calling for uniquely abled responses from security officers. Recent events often dictate the level of security believed to be necessary to deter and react to threatening situations. For each occasion that personnel are dispatched, they may be at a different location, with different clients, interacting with diverse people and in entirely unique environments.
AEGIS’ temporary event security solutions are flexible enough to adapt to changes in season, type of event and clientele. Reliability, professionalism and ability to adapt and react in a dynamic setting are a necessity. Our staff functions as our clients’ front line customer service personnel in addition to security, maintaining positive relationships and creating new ones. AEGIS Private Security & Investigations creates and executes solutions for our clients to accomplish their event-specific safety and security objectives.
Our services include:
- Armed and unarmed security, off duty police officers
- Security assessment upon arrival or in advance
- Standardized event security procedures
- Site supervisors, posted and patrolling -security agents
- Access / perimeter control and line management
- List and VIP management
- ID check, pat down search and metal detecting
- Enforcement of law, rules, and regulations
- Scalable staff depending on event type, size and location
- Mobile radio communication and metal detecting equipment rentals
- Temporary patrol car placement
- Daily shift confirmation
- Mass notification to replace, add, or change personnel
- Direct line to management
- Choice of uniformed, all black attire, or suit and tie
Additionally, we offer executive protection services. EP agents have a unique set of skills that qualify them to work closely with a client, including former military or police service. Additionally, these agents generally have more years of experience in the field, including loss prevention and threat assessment that goes beyond a general site post. When worries arise just to get to and from an event or between parties, hiring a bodyguard can be the best route.
Our services include:
- Advanced evaluation, vulnerability, and threat assessments
- Private investigations including bug sweeps, business intelligence, and harassment mitigation
- Armed/Unarmed security experts and off duty/retired police officers available
- Mobile, stationary, and close protection escort security teams
- Route establishment and contingency planning
- Fully retained security consulting services
- Visible deterrence against threats
- Ingress and egress facilitation
AEGIS Security & Investigations is a Los Angeles region company that is licensed and insured in the State of California to provide high-end armed and unarmed regular and temporary off-duty police officers, bodyguards, security officers, loss prevention agents, and event staff. Additionally, we offer services for private investigation, consultation, people tracing, and background investigation. Our trainings and workshops in the field of security licensure and counter-terrorism have been featured in news media and are renowned for their efficacy. For more information or to contact us, visit www.aegis.com.
For more on upcoming award shows, click here.
Author: Chelsea Turner & Jeff Zisner